Photo editing and restoration process can work magically by turning a faded old family picture into an image of high and modern quality. Alternatively, this technique can work quickly in order to give photograph a good and everlasting feel. Performing and editing of these changes by you is not as tough task as it may think to be. You should know which essential photo restoration software meets you requirements.
The important tools are fading, color casts, localized damage. Fading tool includes level, curves, contrast, black level etc. Color contrast contains white balance, color balance and some other color tools. Localized damage includes lone stamp, healing brush and some other selective editing tools. You should restore your old image with most popular and well known photo restoration software. Photo restoration is a very tricky and complex task, because there are so many categories and types of problems you may face.
Photo restoration cab be done using following five steps:
- Scan the Desired Photo: Fist Step is to scan the desired photo for editing using photo editing software. Try to use quality scanner for high quality scans. Clean the photo before scanning with soft brush because dirt particles can create rough quality. Scanner glass should also be cleaned. Photo should be scanned at 300 dpi.
- Crop the Desired Photo: Quality of photos can be improved by cropping out the damaged and unnecessary portions. Cropping also improves the quality of your photo by removing clutter of the background and making subject the center of viewer’s attention. After cropping each time, photo should be saved with different file name so that you can choose the best result.
- Light Adjustment in Your Photo: With the lapse of time photos become faded. Brightness is the only feature that can help you in lightning up your memories. Adjust exposure tool present in all quality photo restoration software is used for this purpose. It contains saturation, brightness and contrast levels. You need to move the slider towards right to modify the element. Brightness enhances light levels, contrast distinguishes between dark and light and saturation brings modification in photo colors.
- Modification of Colors: Over time, Photos become dull and faded. Photo restoration software can remove this defect by using color modification tool. Adjust color tool contains tint, saturation and temperature levels. Moving the sliders of these levels will modify the photo. This tool is also helpful in adjusting highlights and shadows.
- Remove Scratches, Blur and Dust: If required you can remove scratches, blur and dust by using tools and filters. Blur can be removed by sharpening the original image. Photo restoration software offers scratches and dust filters to get rid of scratches, dust and specks. While sharpening tool is useful in removing blur. Slider can be moved from left to right to sharpen the image according to your desire.
So these are the main five steps that can be used for restoring your images. Photo restoration software is magical tool which refreshes your old memories.